Data can be collected and processed during the operations of our website.
The following are ways we may perform these actions:
- Data regarding your visit(s) to our website and any resources used are collected. The following is included and not limited to: location data, weblogs, traffic data, and any other communication information.
- Any forms you filled out on our site allows us to collect data such as registering for information, making a purchase or completing a returns request.
- If you engage us with by Live Chat, email, or phone we may collect data such as name, addresses and contact information. At any time you have the right to request of us exactly the data we hold on you, AND request its removal from all our systems.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
One of the cookies we use is essential for parts of the site to operate and has already been set (see ‘Essential site cookie’ below). You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but as a result parts of the site may not work such as the ‘Shopping Cart’, or the ability to access ‘My Account’.
At The Great British Audio Visual Company Limited, we are committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our web site. We do not sell or trade email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes.
This Policy notice describes the types of personal data we collect when you use our website and interact with us. It describes how we store the data, what we do with it and how we keep it safe.
- Consent: In specific situations, we can collect and process your data with your consent, e.g. when you opt-in to receive email newsletters
- Contractual obligations: In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations, e.g. if you order an item from us for delivery, we’ll collect your address details to deliver your purchase, and pass them to our courier
- Legal compliance: If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data, e.g. we can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the Company to law enforcement
- Legitimate interest: In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests, e.g. we will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers
When Do We Collect Your Personal Data?
- When you visit our websites, and use your account to buy products or services online
- When you create an account with us
- When you engage with us on social media
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you
- When you comment on or review us
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you
- When you visit our establishment or use our car parks, which have CCTV systems operated for the security of both visitors and employees. These systems may record your image during your visit
- When you ask us to send you e-newsletters
- When you communicate with us via the live chat interface on our website
What Sort Of Personal Data Do We Collect?
- If you have a web account with us; your name, billing/delivery address, orders, email and telephone number. For your security, we may also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your interactions with us online, on the phone or by email.
- Details of your shopping preferences
- Details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours
- Details that help us to recommend items of interest
- Payment information
- Your comments and product reviews
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our establishments or use our car parks
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback
How And Why Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
We may then use this to offer you promotions and products that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Here's How We May Use Your Personal Data And Why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website, on the phone or on site. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. Eg. Your details may need to be passed to a third party to supply or deliver the product that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this because of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through our use of CCTV, fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. We aim to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we may use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web, text and telephone about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites, we may use data we hold about favourite brands or products and so on. We do so on the basis of your consent for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device. Eg. We might show you items you have recently looked at, or offer you recommendations based on you purchase history and any other data you have shared with us.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions that you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. Eg. We may record your browser’s Session ID to help us understand more when you leave us online feedback about any problems you’re having.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps improve our service and make it more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by contacting us.
- To build a rich picture of who you are and what you like, and to inform our business decisions, we’ll combine data captured from across our partners, third parties and data from publicly-available lists as we have described in the section 'What Sort of Personal Data do we collect?' We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest. For example, by combining this data, this will help us personalise your experience and decide which inspiration or content to share with you. We also use anonymised data from customer purchase histories to identify trends in different areas of the country. This may then guide which products we display in particular situations.
- To process your order, we may need to share your details with a third party who is providing a service (such as delivery couriers). Without sharing your personal data, we’d be unable to fulfil your request.
Combining Your Data For Personalised Direct Marketing
We want to bring you information, offers and promotions that are most relevant to your interests at particular times. To help us form a better, overall understanding of you as a customer, we may combine your personal data gathered as described above. For this purpose we may also combine the data that we collect directly from you with data that we obtain from third parties to whom you have given your consent to pass that data onto us.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
- We secure access to critical areas of our website using ‘https’ technology.
- Access to your personal data is password-protected.
- We do not store any credit-card information, this is all collected securely by third-parties including:
- PayPal (https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-prev)
- We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How Long We Will Keep Your Personal Data
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
If you have provided us with your personal details, such as full name and address and requested a quotation from us or placed an order, we will keep your details on our database so we can process repeat orders for you quickly and efficiently.
We will remove your details at any time should you request this of us, otherwise you should assume that the data will be kept on our systems indefinitely.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties. Eg. Delivery couriers or if requesting to pay with finance, the finance broker and lender.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- If we stop using their services, any of your data held by them will either be deleted or rendered anonymous.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- Delivery couriers, such as Royal Mail, DPD, Fedex & UPS
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
- Sharing your data with third parties for their own purposes. We will only do this in very specific circumstances, for example:
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity on our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government bodies, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
What Are Your Rights Over Your Personal Data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (through either specific, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that The Great British Audio Visual Company and Inn Vision Multimedia Limited holds at any time, and to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please email email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended, please update your online account. If we believe we have good reason to retain any data of yours, we will provide you with a full explanation.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data because of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
How Can You Stop The Use Of Your Personal Data For Direct Marketing
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write to Data Protection, Inn Vision Multimedia Limited, Unit 12, Larkstore Park, Lodge Road, Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0QY
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Contacting The Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can't be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence.
If You Live Outside The UK
For all non-UK customers
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK, or elsewhere.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence, and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK, or elsewhere.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact us by email us at email@example.com